Monday, April 7, 2014

CLASSICAL MUSIC IN MEXICO CITY


Finding out what's going on culturally in Mexico City can be a frustrating experience. Although I try my best to be on top of things, I'm constantly coming across posters and notices about events that happened yesterday.
A recent discovery of a useful website will help, at least in the area of classical music. You may want to bookmark this website:

                                  http://musicaenmexico.com.mx


They even have a listing of the opera season at Bellas Artes, where I discovered this rarity--in April, two performances of the opera ATZIMBA, based on an episode of the conquest of Michoacán, by Mexican composer Ricardo Castro. It was supposedly a bit hit when it was first done in 1900.
                               







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I have bookmarked the website. I have already spent an hour trying to find a calendar of classical music in mexico city. If you have any other information, I'd appreciate it.

ben Janken benoklnd@pacbell.net

Post a Comment